ABOUT THE ELECTORAL DISTRICT ASSOCIATION
The Sarnia – Lambton EDA or Electoral District Association of the Conservative Party of Canada is the organization which acts on behalf of the Conservative Party of Canada locally.
The EDA has important tasks to perform such as:
- Ensuring a unified local presence of Conservative Party supporters
- Participating in the development and promotion of Conservative Party policies
- Promoting the Conservative Party and to build party membership
- Nominating and supporting a Conservative Party election candidate.
- Fundraising to support locally and nationally, the Conservative Party of Canada including election fundraising.
- Maintaining a local election readiness plan, and supporting the Conservative Party candidate during an election.
We are very pleased our candidate Marilyn Gladu was elected Member of Parliament in the 2015 federal election, and while it is in our mandate to support and work closely with our local candidate or in this case M.P. The EDA does not actually work for the M.P. or candidate. Instead the EDA is a separate and distinct organization, which performs on behalf of the Conservative Party of Canada. The M.P. always maintains his own office, staff, and resources separate from that of the EDA to handle government matters.
The electoral district of Sarnia–Lambton (Ontario) has a population of 106,293 with 81,362 registered voters and 227 polling divisions.
Consisting of that part of the County of Lambton comprised of: the City of Sarnia; the towns of Petrolia and Plympton-Wyoming; the villages of Oil Springs and Point Edward; the townships of Enniskillen and St. Clair; Sarnia Indian Reserve No. 45.